By Maura Galasa Mangay-at
CHED SCHOLARSHIP IS OPEN NOW UNTIL APRIL 30, 2014 TO ALL HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES BATCH 2014!
Students who will be enrolling a degree course (4 years) Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) offered at XiJEN College of Mountain Province, Upper Caluttit, Bontoc, Mountain Province. Mapan kayo ag apply ti Commission on Higher Education jay Km 6, Cabanao, La Trinidad, Benguet.
What scholarship you will chose from?
1. Full Scholarship: daytoy ket no ti General Weighted average mo ket at least 90% wenno graduating high school students nga GWA of at least 90% jay 3rd year na plus at least 90% iti 1st, 2nd and 3rd grading period na.
2. Partial Scholarship : daytoy met ket at least 85% GWA iti 1st, 2nd and 3rd grading period iti fourth year level ken mainayon met jay at least 85% GWA of 3rd year grade na.
3. Private Education Student Financial Assistance (PESFA) : parehas sajay Partial Scholarship ti qualification na
KASANO NGAY MET NO BASTA PASSING GRADES, ANYA SCHOLARSHIP MABALIN APPLAYAN?
1. Grants-in-Aid (GIA) : daytoy ket mabalin nga ALS ken PEPT passer, pang college level nga at least koma passing grades of the 2 semesters, ken pang high school met lang dapat passing GWA grade iti 3rd year level na ken passing GWA met lang iti 1st, 2nd and 3rd grading na ti fourth year.
2. Study now, pay later plan (SNPLP). ANY can avail of this scholarship basta identified priority degree course
3. Congressman Scholarship through CHED: Another good news manen kailian! Ada ti ited ni Apo Congressman pang scholarship iti identified degree courses iti pang Mountain Province. ANY, be it college level, ALS/PEPT passer or a high school graduate ti maka avail but the applicant must visit the Office of Congressman at Capitol Building, Bontoc, Mountain Province to get an endorsement/certification and to fill up the forms there.
QUALIFICATION iti amin nga ag apply ti CHED Scholarship:
1. Must be a Filipino citizen;
2. Must be a high school graduate or with earned units in college, ALS/PEPT passer;
3. annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed Three Hundred Thousand (300,000) pesos.
4. Must avail of only one CHED scholarship or financial assistance program;
5. Must not be a graduate of any degree program.
1. Academic Requirements
A. For Incoming Freshmen (High School Graduates)
a) 4th year high school applicants: Duly certified 3rd year Form 138 and first three grading periods of 4th year
b) High school graduates: 4th year Form 138
B. For Applicants with earned units in College (College Level)
Certificate of grades in all subjects in completed semester.
C. For Other Applicants:
a) ALS Certificate
b) PEPT: Certificate of Advancing to the Next Level
2. OTHER REQUIRMENTS:
A. Any of the following:
a) Latest income tax return( ITR) of both parents or guardian
b) Certificate of Tax Exemption from BIR
c) Certificate of Indigency from their Barangay
d) Case Study from DSWD
e) Affidavit of no income
f) Children of OFW & seafarers- latest copy of contract or proof of income
B. Certificate of Good Moral Character from the last school attended
NOTE: Identified Priority Courses are listed at CHED office. At XiJEN, BSIT is considered by CHED to be one of the priority course for School Year 2014 until School Year 2017.